Powered by Blogger.
Powered By Blogger

Pages

A Bright Soccer Goal

      Life is a challenge. Some of us encounter obstacles that stop us from achieving something that we want while some of us do not. Lucky are those who move on with their lives so smoothly, but unfortunately there are also those who run into many humps in their lives. Although life may seem hard for them, I still see a very bright goal in their lives.
     Last meeting, Coach Rudy and Lexter Maravilla gave an inspiring talk that concluded hopes and dreams in life. I was inspired when coach Rudy and Lexter humbled about their old lives(himself and his players) and how they've risen up and changed. They used to be drug addicts and now they are already in good shape of playing sports and being able to work and help their families for support. It's a total opposite. What I'm trying to say is that I have just realized how hard that situation could happen of being able to rise up. The way I see them now, it's really bright. Their future is bright just when they thought it was all over.
     During that talk, I have learned a lot, but I will only share three of my greatest learnings. My first learning during the talk was about changing. Coach Rudy, Lex and the rest of the team members have come into a complete metamorphosis. From drug users they were able to become not just soccer players but also a hope in their lives and the lives of their families. And that is not just any change, but a really significant one because for sure nothing would happen if they were just stuck into their old lives of just being a tambay and with that small change in their life, everything will follow and change. My second learning during the talk was being able to appreciate how good life is. Many of us in school are blessed with all the needs and blessings in life, however many still take these things for granted. And because of that, I have learned to be more appreciative in life taking consideration of even the small things that my parents give me. I have learned to appreciate even more the way my parents support me in my studies and in my tennis career. They are such a blessing to me and from now on I will not take that for granted. My last learning is all about hope. I have learned that there always would be hope in life no matter what. Lex inspired me during the talk because he said that he thought there wasn't hope anymore. But the way I see Lex today, he seems to have a future of becoming a football coach. He did not give up in his life and went out to go tryouts for soccer. And I think his scoring of goal during the tryouts symbolized his goal and dream in life and that there would always be hope for him. That was a very inspiring talk by both of them. I will not forget that day. It opened my eyes to see life clearer. That life is full of hope no matter what.

-Julius Lagman

comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2010 Kahit Ano Lang Naman. is proudly powered by Blogger